Monday, August 20, 2012

Sharing G+ Posts Directly is a BAD Idea



There are G+ users that I like, but they are now doing that "User X Shared a Post Directly With You" and their text snippets are like "Hello G Plus friends. Here's a really great ____ that I think you'll enjoy..."

It's a real turn off. It's very spammy. That breezey, radio DJ intro to each post leaves me cold. I'm not the slightest bit interested in the posts. I don't even check them out. I just ignore the Notifications.

If you're doing this, I'm not trying to guilt trip you, I'm just telling you my honest opinion.

Sometimes trying to be too social in social media, it can backfire.

Don't treat me like an intimate, life-long, confidante or best buddy, when I simply like you on a very limited level. I might have a beer or a coffee with you, but I'm not going to let you crash on my sofa for a week.



Pin It

No comments: